Just a little History: Rozel, located 17 miles west of Larned, was incorporated November 29, 1929, and has a mayor-council form of city government with water and gas systems municipally owned. It was situated on the Jetmore branch of the Santa Fe railroad, formerly the Chicago, Kansas and Western R.R. The orignal townsite was deeded to the Arkansas Valley Town and Land Company by the railroad on July 19, 1886. The name Rozel was selected in honor of Rozella the daughter of one of the founders of the Land Company.
A Methodist church was built in 1905; replaced by a new building in January1965, and dedicated April 23, 1972. The Baptist church was built in 1916.The first post office was in 1870 and known as Keysvill. In 1880 the name was changed to Ben Wade to honor a Civil War lawyer. Rozel has survived two disastrous fires, a tornado and numerous floods. Nearly all the business district was destroyed by fire on September 24, 1929. On May 20, 1949, a tornado and hail storm severely damaged or destroyed nearly every building in town. The town rebuilt, to the community that stands today.